Sufferers cannot perceive motion in their visual field but they can see stationary objects perfectly. Varying degrees from seeing motion as a cinema reel to an inability to see any motion at all.
- Described as seeing motion as a cinema or a multiple exposure photograph
- Most common kind of akinetopsia
- Often occurs with visual trailing
- Caused by prescription druuuuuuugs!
Extremely rare, profound motion blindness and struggle to perform daily living
CASE STUDY- LM
- Described pouring a cup of tea/coffee difficult because the fluid appeared frozen like a glacier. Didn’t know when to stop pouring because she couldn’t see the water rising.
- Had trouble following conversations because lip movements and changing facial expressions were missed.
- Felt insecure with more than two people in a room
- Movement is inferred by the changing position of an object or person.
- Crossing the road is difficult, learned to perceive distance using hearing.